Anonymous Confessions

Comments

• ConfessionsConfessions Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    "I'm stressing about a relationship that doesn't even exist."
    Submit your anonymous confession here.
    (If a confession has NRP at the end of it, it means "No Responses Please.")
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    "Everyone says they have the greatest friends. I wish I felt the same way about mine."
    I don't have the greatest friends. My best friend of 15 years cheated on his wife with my ex-girlfriend while I was still with her. Plus despite the fact that he knows I attempted suicide because of child abuse he still treats his own kids the same way. I have other friends but after that I don't really feel like I can trust anyone anymore. For the last 3 years it's been really difficult for me to really get close to anyone because I think no matter how nice they seem they're just going to stab me in the back at some point. The saying "with friends like these, who needs enemies" always comes to mind when I think about him. So yeah I can relate. Maybe we both just need to find a better group of friends, I don't know.
    "I still cut fairly often. It's a coping mechanism for unbearable physical pain and even less bearable emotional pain. I just don't let you see it or know it anymore. I really don't go deep, just deep enough to see blood and cause a minor endorphin rush."
    I do not understand people who cut. That's only going to make the pain worse and it doesn't just hurt you. Well physically it does but emotionally you're hurting the people who care about you. Plus just the way I am, I'm in physical pain all the time, that's been my entire life and it can never go away. How do you think that makes me feel when I know people are hurting themselves like that. As much as I would like to just turn off my emotions and not give a damn I can't. I almost broke down reading this and I don't even know you. It seriously bothers me when people hurt others or themselves because I don't want anyone to feel the way I do, not even for a little bit. Some times it can't be helped but this isn't necessary. If you won't stop for yourself or some random stranger on the internet do it for someone you know, someone who cares about you. Please seek help.
    by RialVestro
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    "I'm in an open relationship, but I still feel like I cheated after having a one night stand with a friend."
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand people who cut. That's only going to make the pain worse and it doesn't just hurt you. Well physically it does but emotionally you're hurting the people who care about you. Plus just the way I am, I'm in physical pain all the time, that's been my entire life and it can never go away.
    While I don't personally cut, I know that some people do it because it gives them an endorphin rush, as the original person said. I don't think it's a good thing, either, but I understand it. The short burst of pain and the small rush after makes it easy to forget your problems.
    Teaj said:
    While I don't personally cut, I know that some people do it because it gives them an endorphin rush, as the original person said. I don't think it's a good thing, either, but I understand it. The short burst of pain and the small rush after makes it easy to forget your problems.
    Um... there's no point in trying to explain it to me. I'm never going to get it. Point is I was trying to get them to seek help. Regardless of whatever their reasons are fact is it's not going to solve whatever their problems are. It's only going to make things worse. I use to know someone who cut and she ended up spending time in a mental institution because of it.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    oh, I totally agree with getting help, I was meerly explaining why some people do it so you could better understand.
    "Wait, let me get this straight. Swimming would literally be the best thing for me to do right now, and we're selling the pool? Money isn't the problem, me getting in shape and being in a good mood again is."
    "Sometimes, I wish my skin were darker, like my grandpa, not so white like my grandma. I hate myself when I think like that."
    "Why didn't I just tell you that .I liked you? Now the feelings still won't go away, but I''ll never see you again,"
    "I know we can't be together because I am in a relationship with someone else and you live at the other side of the planet but I like you quite a lot."
    "Why didn't I just tell you that .I liked you? Now the feelings still won't go away, but I''ll never see you again,"

I could say the same thing about pretty much every girl I've ever had a crush on. The feelings DO eventually go away. Not entirely, but eventually you will find someone new and move on. Though hopefully you'll actually talk to the next one... Just don't ask me how cause I'm still trying to figure that part out myself.
    "There is somebody in this forum who makes me genuinely consider quitting coming here. This person has indirectly attacked me more than once. I wish there was a way to block him, but there's not. Thankfully, there's enough decent people who stick up for me to keep me coming back...for now."
  • orathaicorathaic Posts: 69 ✭✭
    "There is somebody in this forum who makes me genuinely consider quitting coming here. This person has indirectly attacked me more than once. I wish there was a way to block him, but there's not. Thankfully, there's enough decent people who stick up for me to keep me coming back...for now."
    There are people who suck everywhere. Learning to deal with them may be a useful skill. Good luck.
    the fathers of great men are quickly forgotten.
    "I found your address on google. Hence, I'm writing you this letter which I really should have written years ago."
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    wait, we don't have a block feature?
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
    "I'm so conflicted. I recently quit my job because I got a better paying one, but I was sad because I had a bit of a crush on one of the managers my age that I was pretty friendly with. But, I have a girlfriend already, and I love her more than anything. The only thing is we are taking a break from hanging out for a bit because she is working three jobs and going to college. I promised her I wasn't going anywhere. But in her absence I find I'm looking for any excuse to talk to or hang out with my old manager now. I still don't feel any less love for my girlfriend, I'm just afraid one of these days I will. I'm 99% sure I'd never cheat on her, but I still can't help but think what could be if I broke it of with her and asked my old manager out."
    "I think it's crap when people come onto this thread to talk about how they can solve my problems and that their situation is just as bad or worse. No it's not. People are different, and your situation is not "the exact same as" mine."
    I can't help but feel this is about me. If I see something that is similar to something I've already been threw myself I just post my experience hoping that it might help someone out. I think it's better to try and help someone and fail than to not do anything at all. Especially on the chance that I might actually succeed which if I said nothing could never happen.
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I think it's crap when people come onto this thread to talk about how they can solve my problems and that their situation is just as bad or worse. No it's not. People are different, and your situation is not "the exact same as" mine."
    I think that you should probably include it in your confession if you don't want anyone to comment on it because I think that some people around here want peoples perspectives on there confessions. It's impossible to know if someone wants comments or not in this thread. Except if no one wants comments there is, then we should stop. I do agree on the part where people talk about how there situation is worse, that makes me really annoyed. 
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

"It truly is a terrible feeling to feel alone and lonely."
    "I've never wanted to give up more in my life. This treatment sucks."
    "I can't stand the university I am at anymore. I am a senior though, and it makes no sense for me to transfer somewhere else. I have gone through clinical depression here, and was sexually assaulted by a fellow student. There are too many bad memories at my school. When someone asks me if I like my university, I smile and say yes, because that is what everyone expects me to do."
    "I think I might be secretly depressed and no one knows it. Not even me."
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    "I think I might be secretly depressed and no one knows it. Not even me."
    you must know something if you're admitting to it being a possiblity.
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
    It's kind of impossible to be depressed and not know that you're depressed. You always know how you're feeling.
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    It's kind of impossible to be depressed and not know that you're depressed. You always know how you're feeling.
    Sometimes, though, you're not sure whether it's normal sadness/feeling down or true depression.  Or sometimes, you feel ALL THE THINGS at once and don't know how to explain that.  A person maybe should know how they're feeling all the time, but I would be inclined to say that they actually might not know.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @turdl38 I've been thinking about this all day but I never found the right words.
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

edited September 2013
    turdl38 said:
    Sometimes, though, you're not sure whether it's normal sadness/feeling down or true depression.
    Technically they're the same thing. Depression is just another word for sadness. I really don't like those happy pills that treat a normal emotion like some kind of diseases. Need to fix what's causing the depression instead of treating the person like they're the problem.
    by RialVestro
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Exactly, @EverydayCait.  They are NOT the same thing.  Every human in the world feels sad sometimes.  That's very different from a true clinical, chronic depression.  
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.