Off Topic

Comments

• zonzonnzonzonn MarylandPosts: 5,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I finally have internet at my house! Let the rejoicing begin!
    "You have a faint glimmer shining somewhere in the caves of your heart. Maybe you just need a swift breeze to run through you to help spread the fire."
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah! Is it starting to feel like home yet?
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
    It's certainly getting there. Still have friends reminding me there's now a difference between "my house" and "my parent's house". Little easier now that my bed has been delivered and I have some food here. Unpacking is slow, and still have a lot to move.
    "You have a faint glimmer shining somewhere in the caves of your heart. Maybe you just need a swift breeze to run through you to help spread the fire."
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Woot! Interwebs!
    Finally getting off my ass and signing up for classes by sitting on my ass and not knowing what to take :| oh joy.
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    Ha, hope it goes well, Teaj! :smile:

Anyway, sorry to change the subject, but I wanted to mention that the reason I haven't been on is because schoolwork for both a trip to Michigan and a documentary that I was expected to complete in literally one week, so I probably will not be on for a while, sorry guys.
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    Ah man that's awesome!
  • NatsuNatsu Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭
    Anybody wanna do a Hangout sometime soon?
    I would! Buuut I am on the road for the next week, haha. Once I'm settled in Arizona I'll rejoin you folks.
    My writing project
    I would! Now that I've got internet. Could give you guys a tour of my new digs, and you can meet the new cat, Chewie (Chewbacca when she's being evil. Like right now.) I keep yelling at her, my neighbors are probably a little concerned.
    Lol nice! I just got off work. If you want to set one up I can see of I can steal my sisters tablet to join.
    I might as well throw one up, here
    edited May 2016
    Ah, dang, I'm gunna miss it! You're going to have to show me your house (and kitty!) at some point, Zon!
    by Kiar
    My writing project
    We can always do it again, no worries Kiar.
    Oh geeze. Sorry, guys. I didn't think to check back in after I posted. I'm sorry.
  • CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, I'm kinda late with this but I realized I passed my third anniversary for joining this forum! I gotta say, I'm so glad I saw that comment on the ning all those years ago talking about this place because I got to roleplay with you guys and I've had so much fun. Thanks for making it so awesome!
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Yay, congrats! I'm so glad you've been here to rp with us. I can't imagine what it would be like if you hadn't joined.

So today's the day I will be in Canada! I will keep an eye out for a Tim Hortons, Teaj ;) Any other Canadian traditions I need to honor while I'm at Niagara?
    My writing project
    That's so awesome Cobalt! Ditto what Kiar said.

At Niagara? There's a few. Mostly don't jump over the falls in a barrel. The polar bears are asleep right now so you should be fine ;p
    and if someone mentions a hockey team or game just agree that whatever they think was a good or bad thing is correct. It's not hockey season right now but that doesn't matter.

Ugh. I threw up this morning but figured it was something I ate or something because I felt moderately better after, but after getting to work I just continue to feel nauseous.
    Haha, alright, good to know I won't be needing my polar bear repellant ;)

Oh no! Feel better soon, Teaj! Get some rest is you can.
    My writing project
    Nope. It's grizzly season now! Wear your bear bell and pack bear spray ;p

I'm feeling a bit better already :)
    So, I've been doing some light hiking on my days off, and have realized I should probably get a pair of hiking boots. I'm usually only out for a few hours, and it's mostly trails with some rocks to climb. Need something with more traction than my Docs. Anyone have any suggestions? I know I want to go with a boot over a shoe, with the idea that I may get into backpacking for a few days at a time. Been looking at reviews and such but there are a lot of boots out there.
    Ah man, it's been a while since I had a pair of hiking boots. I didn't really get to go camping much once I started college. I wish I had better advice, but all I can recommend is not to go cheap. Spend an extra 10 or 20 dollars for better quality. You don't want to be in the middle of a trail with shoes that are giving you blisters or cutting off circulating. Similarly, don't order online - make sure you can try on a pair in person and walk around in them for a bit. I've also heard REI has good customer service when it comes to replacing malfitting shoes for free, but don't quote me on that.
    Sounds like a lot of fun, though! Happy hiking :)
    My writing project
  • CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going on a trip tomorrow so I don't know if I'll have internet for the next week, just as a warning if I stop posting.
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Have fun! I'll be moving to Arizona this week (finally) but I should at least be on mobile.
    My writing project
  • rydude17rydude17 ScotlandPosts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a new flat! I didn't have wifi until just now so that's why I've not been on much.
    Woohoo! I'll be in my new flat on Wednesday. How do you like it?
    My writing project
  • rydude17rydude17 ScotlandPosts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭
    I got to say, after sharing a bedroom for five years, it really was great to have a place to myself.
    My writing project
    Hey guys, remember how we every so often say that we need a chat room? Well kiar and I were talking on What's app and it occurred to me that it has a group chat function. So if everyone that was interested in it we could all download the app, exchange numbers, and use that. It uses the Internet, too, so long distance and what not doesn't apply.