I need help with my OCD

Tamer_Of_PuffsTamer_Of_Puffs Melbourne, Australia. Posts: 24
edited April 13 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I may seem mushy in this post, but really right now I think I need Nerdfighteria's help. I have OCD, its not very bad, but it does take up a lot of my time, I often have strange urges to order things, I feel obsessive about things, and, lately, its manifested in the fact that I need to watch Youtube videos, archive them, and watch them in a certain order. For one, I want be honest with you guys, I have doubts myself that its OCD, I will happily tell you some of the other things I do but the doctor has not outright said I have it, although has hinted to it. My main problem is, is that I dont want to grow out of my OCD, my OCD has given me my personality, my little quirks, and, although it can be a nuisance sometimes, I cant get rid of it, all those memories of the weird things I did as a child would be gone, I would suddenly be normal, I need your help and your support guys. Im sorry for being so emotional, but its just the fact that the only people who understand me at the moment are my beloved nerdfighters. Thanks guys.
by Tamer_Of_Puffs
Look up at the stars, not down at your feet.
-Stephen Hawking.

Comments

• Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 633 ✭✭✭
    What is it you need our help with, more precisely?
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • Tamer_Of_PuffsTamer_Of_Puffs Melbourne, Australia. Posts: 24
    It was vague yes, I apologize for that. I mostly just need help with accepting the fact that I might eventually grow out of my OCD, and a lot of who I am right now might just be gone. Its harder than you might think.
    Sorry about that.
    Look up at the stars, not down at your feet.
    -Stephen Hawking.
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 633 ✭✭✭
    Oh. Yeah, that's a tough one. I do not know the answer to that, other than that time will dull the sense of not knowing who you are anymore. I struggle with that myself, feeling like I am not truly me anymore, in spite of knowing that people change and in spite of actually having wanted that change which have made me question who I am. Pretty severe anxiety isn't something one should miss, but somehow I still do because I still find it hard to be comfortable in being calm? So while I have no useful answer to the question, know that you're not alone in feeling weird about growing out of troublesome traits.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning