Weight Loss Motivation!

13»

Comments

• emiliarmusemiliarmus Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    i reached the 5 lbs lost milestone this week :) i've found that when i'm actually held responsible for what i eat, it's really not as hard as I thought it would be to eat healthier. Now I just need to start exercising more than just yoga class twice a week...
  • KelliKelli TexasPosts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Congrats @emiliarmus! (: What's your goal?
    I make videos 
    "Nerd like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff."
    I live in the land of the Last Ones

i'd like to be down 20 lbs eventually...that'd get me back to where i was before i moved to college 2 years ago. but i'm honestly happy with anything! my mom volunteered to pay for me to use the weight watchers online program for 3 months, so we'll see where i am then. i probably won't do it much longer than that. i've been doing it for a little over a month. 
    Awesome! Let me know if there is anyway that I/we can keep you motivated or accountable. (: I want to lose 10-15 pounds. I saw some pictures of an old friend from high school who was one of the chubby kids back then and now he's suuuuuper in shape so it motivated me to go out for a run today. Haha. (:
    I make videos 

• amelia9009amelia9009 NYCPosts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Awesome job everyone! I don't have a scale here at college, which means that I can't really quantify how I'm doing, (but since I've been about the same body type my whole life I don't really know what my goal is anyway.) But that just means I need to focus more on how I'm feeling, which is probably a better indicator. I've skipped my last couple of ultimate frisbee trainings because I've had a lot of work, but I need to make myself start going again. I also haven't been eating the healthiest because I'm low on groceries. But hopefully I can get back on track soon and since I'm living in London I walk everywhere (I walked 5 miles yesterday) so at least there'll always be that!
    Activate your force-fields and just keep going.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • Bee12Bee12 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Kudos to everyone! It sounds like everyone is really finding their motivation which is awesome! I think even just getting up and going for walks, or not eating out of boredom (always a big problem for me personally) is huge!

Does anyone have any ideas for how we could get more interactive/hold each other accountable on here? Maybe weekly check-ins just to say how you're doing, or posting fun work outs they've found, or a recipe of the week or something?
    If you don't have a scale, measuring yourself can sometimes be a better way of tracking process, since muscle weighs more than fat :) 
    I'm hoping to do a 5k this spring, since most of my family is for a fundraiser.  However, i live in michigan, and the weather is always really iffy all spring as to whether it'll be nice enough to go for a run outside, and we don't have a treadmill.
  • ashsayshelloashsayshello AustraliaPosts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been so sluggish lately with exercise, luckily I have been eating relatively healthily so I've maintained my weight, but uni is starting up Monday and I have set all my morning alarms so that I wake up with enough time to get in 45 mins to an hour of exercise every day. Now I just need to stick to it, but I'm hoping by posting it here I'll feel like I need to do it. But I mean I always feel really good after exercising (even if it's hellish while I'm doing it).
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizzas in Our Pants." | I live in the land of the Last Ones
    Freshman 15 is a real thing. Meh. But I'll keep you accountable @Ashsayshello. (: I need to start running more regularly...I'm supposed to run a 5k in a month and I want to be able to do it without stopping.
    I make videos 

I'm down another half a pound this week :) i felt like i didn't eat as healthily, and did an awful job at tracking what i eat, but I feel like i'm starting to get the hang of what i can eat in a day with the allotment of points i'm allowed. Which is what i sucked at before; i never knew when i wasn't eating enough, and when i was eating just a bunch of crap :)
  • icewinter89icewinter89 Posts: 14
    I just started crossfit training this week! I'm so excited! My goal is to do the tough mudder. I must be crazy haha
  • LazarusLazarus Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    @Icewinter89 I have a friend training to do that as well, so I agree you must be crazy I know she is. lol.
  • amelia9009amelia9009 NYCPosts: 165 ✭✭✭
    I went on a jog-type thing yesterday and it felt great, I hope I can keep it up.
    Activate your force-fields and just keep going.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • RemusRemus Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I really need to stop buying crisps every time I walk into the supermarket....

If I can manage that my 3 occasions of football each week should help to get me down a few notches. good luck to everyone and I envy everyone that has selfcontrol of not eating everything they put infront of themselfs (thank god I'm broke). Unfortunatly I kind of dislocated my shoulder so the kind of good situp/pushup thing I had going each morning and evening got put on hold for while.
    there is no excuse for ignorance, unless you're busy learning something else.
  • RaeRae Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭
    well i've managed to eat under 1200 calories (mostly) every day, and have treadmilled for like at least half an hour each night, and have lost 5 pounds in like 2 months. my goal in to lose 10 by the end of the summer, i want to be under (or right at) 100 lbs.
  • sohaasohaa Posts: 6
    I have started going to the gym again after being Mia!! Hope I stay motivated now!!!
  • sohaasohaa Posts: 6

ugh i am SUCH a stress eater. and a boredom eater. If i don't know what to do, i go look in the cupboards.  I was in an aerobics class this past semester, which was good. I gained the freshman 15 both my freshman and sophomore years, so I have some weight to lose now (in my junior year).  I managed to lose 6 pounds this semester mainly by just working out twice a week during class. However, now that class is done i'm really scared I'm going to gain it back. I'm just awful at eating healthy; my sweet tooth is enormous, and now there's all the holiday baked goods *mournful look*

this is my story!!!